Heavenly Demon, Chapter Seven

Moderator: JLMcCafferty

Heavenly Demon, Chapter Seven

Postby JLMcCafferty » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:00 am

@image http://media.rivalcastmedia.com/staff/writing-team/public/images/stories/heavenly-demon/heavenly-demon.jpg

Heavenly Demon is a fifteen-chapter novel by RCM staffer Kolemsai.

I woke up with sunlight from my window blasting my face. Since my window faced west that told me it was well into the afternoon.

I don't know how I got into my bed. I assumed my parents brought me up. They were probably terrified when they found me on the doorstep, if they were the ones that found me that is.

My head started spinning as I sat up in my bed slowly. Someone had taken off my clothes and put a pair of flannel pajama pants on me. I looked down at my bare chest expecting to see a wound or bandage, and saw none. My chest didn't hurt at all, thankfully, and neither did my head. I expected a migraine after what happened last night. If it was last night, I wasn't sure how long I'd been out.

I stood on weary knees, eventually bracing myself on my desk. I had no energy at all; I felt like I could sleep for another week. My stomach growled at me, and I smacked my dry lips together. I had to eat. Now.

I stumbled down the hallway, sliding against the wall for balance. My mother heard me, and came to my aid, helping me to the table.

“What on earth happened to you?” She was concerned, as any caring mother would be, as she sat down next to me.

“I don't know, all I know is that I'm starving.”

Without hesitation, she got up and went to the kitchen. She brought back a banana and a glass of milk.

“Eat that, and I'll get dinner ready. Then you're going to tell me what in heavens you were doing out so late.”

I ate half the banana in one bite. It was time for my alibi.

“I went out to see a girl,” I lied. It did catch my mother's attention though. I thought she would be upset, but she seemed pleased.

“Oh, a girl huh? Is it the one that's been texting you all day?”

I perked up as she handed me my phone. Sure enough, I had six messages from Alyssa. How did she get my number? I just got it yesterday.

I finally noticed the time as I read the messages, it was four o'clock. I had slept all day! The messages were simple, ranging from “Hey you, this is Alyssa” at eight thirty, to “Y U no answer? U still shy?” at nine. The last message was “Y U no in class? U ok?”

I had just read the last one when Mom put a sandwich and chips in front of me.

“So, what happened? Were you drinking?”

“No, Mom,” I replied as I kept re-reading the messages. “I think I slipped and fell. Must have bonked my head pretty hard.”

“Do I need to take you to the doctor?”

My stomach yelled at me, so I kept eating. “No Mom, I'm fine. But thanks for asking.”

“Oh, you don't have to thank me, it's my job,” she giggled as she sat down next to me.

I thank you because I'm not used to you caring for me. This was the best sandwich I ever had, partially because I wasn't used to having things made for me and the other part was because I was ravenous, so I finished it quickly. Mom grabbed my plate and made some more. She came back quickly with two more, and I dug into them with a ferocity.

“Well you keep eating and get some rest. I'll call you when dinner is ready.”

I was kind of excited for school the next day. Apparently Alyssa was concerned for me. She found me before first period, almost refusing to leave my side as I entered class. After every class, she was right there waiting for me, often hanging on my arm. She had been texting me all day as well, and I loved every bit of it. It was almost like having a girlfriend, and possibly the closest I would ever come to it.

Ms. Jones also seemed to pay me more attention than normal, perhaps because she knew that her niece had been hanging out with me a lot that day. She looked at me throughout the whole period, seldom talking or looking at anyone else. It was very uncomfortable, in a pleasant way.

Class ended and I rose to leave. Alyssa was right next to me immediately. She didn't speak, and she was walking very close to me. I wondered if she was trying to hold my hand.

I was shoved from behind into some lockers, causing me to drop my bag and Alyssa to stumble. I turned and saw Steven, come for his revenge. I didn't have time to recover before he closed in and connected with a quick right hand that hit clean on my chin causing me to stumble back into the lockers again. Spots danced in my vision and the world spun as I tried to gather my bearings. I didn't even stop stumbling when a second fist was implanted hard into my stomach.

I gasped for breath when I toppled to my hands and knees, and I was rewarded with a knee crushing my face. My vision went black as I rolled over. I could feel the blood gushing out of my nose. I rolled back to my stomach, still trying to catch my breath when I felt Steve jump on me. He coiled around me like a snake, latching onto my back and rolling me over. His legs wrapped around my waist tight, locking his ankles under his other knee and squeezing. He expertly slid his arm around my neck and put his other hand on the back of my head. He squeezed like a vice as he stretched my body flat as a board. I couldn't move and I could feel the blood stop in my neck as I struggled to breathe. In seconds I would be unconscious. My chest started to burn.

It was the same feeling as it was when I encountered the succubus the other night, if not quite as bad. It could only mean one thing.

Steven was a demon too!

I became angry. What did they want from me? My chest burned and I fought against it. He would not get my soul! How many of these bastards are there? I grabbed his wrist from the back of my head, and I pulled as hard as I could. Surprisingly, the hand came free without much trouble. I pulled it down and grabbed his other hand, unwrapping his arm from my neck. He was still wrapped around my waist as I took a big, glorious breath and rolled to my stomach. I pushed onto my knees and stood up. For being as large as he was, Steven the Demon was surprisingly light. When I was fully upright he finally unwrapped his legs and tried to knee me in the back of my thigh. I didn't feel it in my anger. My chest was still burning, so I knew he wasn't done.

I still had a hold of his wrists, so I tried to throw him over my hip like I had seen in one of my dad's kung fu movies. It worked, almost too well as the demon was not only toppled, but flew into the lockers on the other side of the hall.

He recovered quickly and approached me again, his face twisted in a hideous snarl-smirk hybrid. I readied myself again, fighting against the agonizing pain in my chest. I feared for my soul as it took everything I had to remain standing, but I would fight until the end.

A whistle blew, and a large man in a tight fitting white polo shirt and red shorts grabbed Steven, struggling to hold him back.

Mr. Weiser was the gym teacher and also the wrestling coach. He was probably the only person in school that could hold Steven back, and he did so successfully now.

Mr. Fitzgerald kept blowing his whistle as he pushed through the crowd that I just now noticed, and stopped between me and the demon. I slid to the ground as the pain in my chest slowly faded. My eyes got heavy, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep forever. I could barely hear Mr. Fitzgerald as he yelled at both Steven and myself. My vision went in and out of focus as I tried to regain control. I felt someone gently grab the sides of my head, and Alyssa's face came into view. She was crying, and screaming at someone. I couldn't tell who, or what. I didn't care.

Two demon attacks. Laxidan was right, they were after me. I had to do something, and he was the only one that was willing to help me. I silently called his name, and I...felt him. I heard his voice in my head yet didn't understand a word as my vision faded to black.

Very Beginning
Last Chapter
Next Chapter
JLMcCafferty
Rival

Return to Heavenly Demon