Loot Rules

A home for the WoW Guild NAILED IT

Moderators: valentine, kolemsai

Loot Rules

Postby kolemsai » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:01 am

For those that are new to the guild, I thought I would post our loot guidelines.

It should be noted, that we don't give a damn about loot. At all. As such, we don't tolerate loot drama, and we have itchy trigger fingers with the kick button.

That being said, we use loot council to determine loot. When a piece that you want drops, you whisper Val the following:

1) What you're replacing
2) If it's Best in Slot (I highly recommend building, or finding, a bis list and post it on these here forums)
3) If it's tier, what piece bonus you get (2 pc, 4 pc, etc) If it will not give you a bonus, please note as such.

We will distribute the loot based on biggest upgrade, bis, tier bonus, raid attendance and what will benefit the raid the most.

The loot council consists of all officers in the raid. Any new officers that are promoted will be added to loot council. In the event that the raid is more than half officers (>10 for Mythic, >5 for 10 man etc) then a separate loot council consisting no more than 5 will be appointed.

We keep a spreadsheet on who receives loot in comparison to raids attended, to try to distribute loot as evenly as possible. It is not set in stone, nor is it the sole contributing factor in the council's decision, but it does help us keep track so there's no horrible biases. (More info on the SS and link further down in this post)

As of 11/2/14, those officers are Valentine, Deededee, Bubbacaleb and Lull.

When loot is linked, the officers vote on who receives the item, using the factors above and taking the Loot Value Spreadsheet into consideration. Majority rules.

In the event of a tie, there will be a roll off.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet. This is public: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag81Nbewe2xxdEFBN0gyd1RqVVA5THFTbkJ0eXhYbmc&usp=sharing

The Loot Value formula is Value= Raids Attended + Rank - Unexcused Absences - (Early Out / 2) - Upgrade Received - (Late / 2)

So, for example:

I have attended 10 raids, am Rank 3 (GM/Officer/Raider rank), I've missed 1 raid, I had to bail 1 raid, and I've gotten 2 upgrades

10+3-1-(1/5)-2=9.5

So, say for example, a shield drops. I have a LV of 9.5. Teut has a 12. It's best in slot for both of us. Teut would win the item, and his LV would go to 11.

Please note that GM, Officers and Raiders all have the same rank value, so the officer core has no better chance to win an item than you do (in fact most of us are willing to pass on loot if someone else needs it). The only reason we use this as a determining factor is when we pull in new recruits and such.

Also note that the list is updated in real time, so if you get an item, your LV drops immediately. This is to ensure that we have even loot distribution while we progress.

Also, one final note. This spreadsheet does not include factors mentioned in the first part of this post. Best in slot and tier bonuses can trump the list at any time.

I know I started this post off as not caring about loot, and this seems rather in depth, but with the increase in raiders, it seems necessary to keep track.

We still don't put up with loot BS though, so don't start.

<3
If they stand behind you, give them protection.
If they stand beside you, give them respect.
If they stand against you, show no mercy.

--A really bitchin' Vegeta t-shirt I totally just bought.
kolemsai
Veteran

Re: Loot Rules

Postby Gorione » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 am

One of these days when I can afford WoW again, I just might roll a toon and join the guild (that or transfer one of my '90s over from lightninghoof).

But since my main is a hunter, I thought all loot goes to the hunter? ;)
Communism jokes are only funny if shared with everyone.
Gorione
Veteran

Re: Loot Rules

Postby Makohesten » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Makohesten
FNG

Return to NAILED IT Guild Forum