Looking to buy New Computer Need Help. TY.

Past topics of general discussion which reached their natural end

Looking to buy New Computer Need Help. TY.

Postby Captivus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Hey Guys, I have $1200 and I'm looking to buy a new computer. Now I know that building it would be cheaper but frankly, I don't have the know how to build a new computer and no matter how easy you tell me it is to do, I don't want to fuck it all up.

As you all know, my computer sucks more than my vacuum (if only it cleaned like it) and I would rather not get some new untested computer that will just brake down because of bugs in the set up. So that said with 1200 bucks I think I should be able to get a good computer that isn't going to brake down on me.

As for how good it is. I would like to be able to run modern games on high graphics. But you know me, I don't mind turning the graphics down to improve performance. That said, I would still rather be able to run current games on high graphics that way I'll only have to turn down the graphics on games that haven't come out yet. But I'm sick and tired of running at minimum graphics only to get 15 fps. I wanna do at absolute lowest 60 fps on high but the more the merrier. I don't think that's too much to ask for. But that's why I've come to you guys for help.

Thank You in advance to Everyone that Helps. TY.
I'm the Bass Player In the Back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-PRqVlr_w
Captivus
Profligate

Re: Looking to buy New Computer Need Help. TY.

Postby Vampy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:09 pm

I just went through Ibuypower.com and spent all of about $800 and got a pretty good one built to what I wanted. Presently I'm pulling 102 FPS on Wow with graphics on medium by there little ? Thing. When I get home I can pull the specs on it but if you bop around the site you're bound to find stuff you like.
No, I don't Effin sparkle.
Vampy
Recruit

Postby Lilrex » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:37 pm

I can guarantee you this PC will spec far and away higher than anything you could hope for at this budget especially if you went with a builder since they over charge for RAM and GPU's
Dr. Arif Mitha
Lilrex
Veteran

Postby Captivus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm

I've never built a computer my self and I was hoping to end up with a good one, without the frustration of having to learn how to. That said. i just want something good but reliable. It don't have to be the newest top tier of stuff. I just want something I can buy. That I know, will work.
I'd like to play newer games like elite dangerous and space engineers. But to be frank. I'd just like to play the games I have now without lag, and games like KSP are ram hogs (big mods).

PS: I've taken a look at ibuypower and it seems like there is a lot of over priced stuff. And what is the difference between DDR3 and DDR5?
I'm the Bass Player In the Back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-PRqVlr_w
Captivus
Profligate

Return to General Discussion Archive