Warhammer 40K anyone?

Past topics of general discussion which reached their natural end

Warhammer 40K anyone?

Postby Baron von Gosu » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Just wanted to ask if anyone out there played the miniature game Warhammer 40K? I've been wanting to try Warhammer for years but couldn't afford the original. Recently I heard the 40K series is more affordable so I am looking to possibly get started. Does anyone know of a good set to start with and learn on that also won't be ridiculously expensive? I want to stay under $100 if possible.
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Re: Warhammer 40K anyone?

Postby Emperor1G » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:18 pm

I'd be down if you are. Lord knows we've started and stopped enough games together. We could talk to Jim at Recess. You may not like their prices, but he's always been a straight shooter on what is doable/orderable, and they've got the largest player base in our area. We got enough space in the War Room we could easily set up some tables. As for what I would play? Well, thats simple:

Emperor1G
Veteran

Postby Baron von Gosu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 pm

I want to know what to buy and how to play before committing to anything, but I like the idea.
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Varyar1G » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:44 pm

I'd be interested definitely, would depend on a few factors but it's worth exploring
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced, to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are." - Father Kevin Keaney - 1st MarDiv Chaplain - Korean War
"Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems." - Ryan Job
Varyar1G
Founder/Owner

Postby Rhapsody » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:51 pm

I have a friend that plays and from conversations with him if you want to start you should go to the local game shop were it's played and ask about being taught to play. That way you can see if you like it without investment because it is an expensive hobby especially if you get into the painting side.
Rhapsody
Profligate

Return to General Discussion Archive