Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon script coming to life!

Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon script coming to life!

Postby Darahas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21652878

Steven Spielberg, who was a close friend to the late (and great) Stanley Kubrick, is adapting a script that Kubrick wrote back in the 70's about everyone's second favorite emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte. It seems that Kubrick spent a large amount of time on the script, researching the man quite thoroughly. It won't be a movie however, but a TV miniseries.

I have high hopes for this, since Spielberg is working along side the Kubrick estate to make sure this is the best thing ever. Hell, even Kubrick said in a letter to studio executives that he was setting out to make the best movie ever, before he caught the dead.
Last edited by Darahas on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The party's journey ended there in lava and burning llamas.
Darahas
Profligate

Re: Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon script coming to life!

Postby Bazeleel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 am

Darahas wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21652878

Steven Spielberg, who was a close friend to the late (and great) Stanley Kubrick, is adapting a script that Kubrick wrote back in the 70's about everyone's second favorite emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte. It seems that Kubrick spent a large amount of time on the script, researching the man quite thoroughly. It won't be a movie however, but a TV miniseries.

I have high hopes for this, since Spielberg is working along side the Kubrick estate to make sure this is the best thing ever. Hell, even Kubrick said in a letter to studio executives that he is setting out to make the best movie ever.

I try not to put my faith in any movie anymore. So many of them have been let downs over the last 2 years :( I just watched the third batman 2 nights ago, I wanted to throw my TV out the window! I hope this movie does well.
Bazeleel
Veteran

Re: Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon script coming to life!

Postby Emperor1G » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 am

I saw this also, and it could be after the success that Speilberg has had with Lincoln he may be looking to take another swing at historical drama. I've said for years I'd like to see how he would handle Napoleon. It MUST include battle scenes. Unlike Lincoln, Napoleon was the God of War and no story involving him can be told without showing extensive battles. the 1970 movie Waterloo is a great example.
Emperor1G
Veteran

Return to Books and Movies