Write a horror story in 2 sentences

Past topics of the community forum, archived to settle disputes and/or serve as blackmail material later.

Re: Write a horror story in 2 sentences

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm enjoying this more and more. Great additions Highlander. Still time to get more in before the show airs this week!
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Lulu » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:02 am

Your power is out and you can't find a flashlight. Feeling your way around in the dark you feel warm breath on the back on your neck; you live alone.
Lulu
Perfect combination of Ambitious Bitch and Betty Crocker
Lulu
Recruit

Postby Sayomara » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 pm

The Trees rush by as I run the cry's of the beast sounding ever more distant. Then suddenly the ground under my feet is gone, and I realize I was running into danger rather than away from it.

Highlander? Are you my daddy?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand-strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WOW-What a RIDE!"
Sayomara
Rival

Postby Sayomara » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I stand at the crossroads faced with evil in all directions, there is only darkness and fire here. So I sit down ready to sit out the devil for the rest of eternity.

Yeah I've heard of lilrex, he lives over there. No, I didn't know the FBI was looking for him.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand-strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WOW-What a RIDE!"
Sayomara
Rival

Postby Highlander1G » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:07 am

(I think I'm getting better at these. What do you think?)

Stephanie stood in the hallway as the lights flickered like dying fireflies and that old familiar metallic smell filled the air. As she stared at the vermilion rivers of blood and the lifeless husks of men and women that littered the tiled floor, the gore-caked knife still in her left hand caught the first rays of the rising sun as the light hit the sign: Danvers State Lunatic Hospital.

They had watched for days as the black ichor regurgitated itself from the ocean slithering its way up from the deathless depths. Now as the ancient, disembodied voice speaks through the chaotic thunder, and they line the beach with stupor and obedience, I use the last drop of my will and force my broken, bleeding, fingernails to claw into the tree the word "Croatoan".

With blood and gore staining the sheets, a night that should have ended in joy had become the stuff of nightmares. It sat there inside the chewed-out, mangled corpse, huge black eyes glistening and newborn face twisted with dark desires that should have been impossible...and the midwife knew it was too late to run.

"This too shall pass," repeated Sarah over and over, her hands and feet bound to the darkness of the dank and deserted basement. A chilled voice from beyond the grave cut through the inky blackness like a killer's knife and silenced her with its prophetic words, "True, but not quickly."

Ezra inherited the old farmhouse from Uncle Isaac, and as he entered the old place he recalled his uncle explaining one night "how frivolous folk full of sin surrendered to iniquities". When Ezra turned eighteen, he never saw Isaac again, but those old feelings rushed over him as he grabbed the chainsaw off its hook in the basement and went to the "waiting ditch", hoping a car would come by soon with the words of his uncle echoing through his ears in the hot Texas night, ”Patience, boy, patience...they’ll be along...God rewards the virtuous man.”

Jack awoke to terrible, mind-numbing pain, every bone in his body shattered, trapped in a dark, endless chasm of the earth and surrounded with the dance of thousands of tiny creatures, all curious to explore this thing that had fallen into their world. As consciousness again slipped away, he realized one last, terrible thing: they were already starting to eat him.

“You’ll be surprised how this will end,” John had been told as the rusty chainsaw came to loud noisy life. And now with his right arm, the last full limb of four, being severed indelicately just below the shoulder – it felt clean, the spatter made a wonderful design on the floral wallpaper, and as he passed out from the pain and the loss of blood with the smile on his torturer’s face all John could think was, "What a wonderful world!"

She is dead asleep when the gibbering starts spewing from her mouth - fetid, horrid, and ancient, stabbing at my temples. I lift the tape recorder to bring it closer, but her hand lurches into my face, her fingers press into my eye sockets, and my screams drowns her out.

The longer I wear it the more it grows on me. He had such pretty skin.

I never go to sleep. But I keep waking up.
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people - Karl Marx
Highlander1G
Veteran

Postby Epiclurker » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:48 pm

The lady agreed to give him enough food to satisfy his hunger. He removed the cover of the tray to find the cooked bodies of his two youngest children.

Tired of the scratching the man asked for help from the doctor to kill the creature trying to get into his head. The scan showed that there was no creature trying to get into his head, merely one trying to get out.

The boy was so excited when the man said he was the real stork and he was delivering his new baby sister. He missed the news story that told about the murdered family and their missing newborn baby daughter.

The man watched as the monsters killed everyone but him. When he asked why he was left alive the monster replied, we only kill humans.

The man killed the woman and her children in a drunken rage, climbed in the woman's bed, and went to sleep. He awoke the next morning with no memory of the attack wondering how he got home.

As the men prepared to rape the woman they asked what she did wrong. The warden replied, "Don't rape the daughter of a world class sex change doctor and a prison warden, Merry Xmas guys."
Epiclurker
FNG

Postby SkreidR » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 am

Got a couple for you, first one is a description of a scene from a film, the second an adapted version of a news story.

In a desperate attempt to rid myself of the lethal infection I convinced Adam and Evelyn to amputate my right arm above the elbow with the meatcleaver. Alas it was too late, as I stared at the open wound with parasites wiggling deeper into my flesh I knew the excruciating pain I currently felt was nothing compared to what was to come.

"Spiderman" was the real life nightmare for the guys working at the security checkpoints of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. They'd given him that name based on the nest of baby spiders they found during his cavity search.
SkreidR
FNG

Postby Manly_Stuff » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Let's give this a try then, I havent read the rest of the stories not to be influenced so I hope these aren't similar to others.

I couldn't help feeling sorry for my daughter when I told her we wouldn't be seeing mommy ever again.
As I tucked her in to bed that nigh I couldn't help but reassure her that mommy had gone to a better place while I tapped her belly over the covers.

She was really starting to regret going for this all natural birth as the minutes became hours of labour. However, she really started to get concerned when her husband bolted as whatever was comming out bit into the midwife's hands with an audible bone-breaking crunch.
Manly_Stuff
Veteran

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:08 am

Running in the dark, there was but one chance for survival. With a whisper in the wind and tears in my eyes, I tripped my friend.
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Edrac » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Inspired by http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087 as I was browsing the SCP wiki wile bored at work today.

We watched on the monitors as the test subject descended miles below where the stairs should have ended. Just before the subject screamed and dropped the camera, we saw a white face without a mouth rush from the darkness glaring into the lens.
Edrac
Profligate

Postby Xanith » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:57 pm

As Baron carefully stepped through the frame-less doorway of his home one evening, questions rose in his mind; What happened to the door? Where was his furniture? And as the darkness closed in one last question came to him...How long did the house have 8 legs for...?
Xanith
Initiate

Postby Sayomara » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 pm

I go to update my trucks title and it cost $300!

True story
Sayomara
Rival

Postby Xanith » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Since I picked on Baron a bit last show I'll even the scores a little with the other hosts (Highlander will get a pass because quite frankly I have no idea what could phase him given the shit he posted above).

Lulu opened the crisp white envelope, horrified by what she found inside...A number in deepest crimson, followed by the words "Happy Birthday"

Varyar huddled in the darkness as they closed in, he had always had a zombie escape plan...But now he cursed himself for using an orphanage in it.
Xanith
Initiate

Postby Sayomara » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 am

I woke up with my Stomach doing flips and I was strapped down with no idea where I was.
It was then I realized that car had already gone over the cliff and we were about to hit the ground
Sayomara
Rival

Postby Xanith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:20 pm

The flesh would rot and peel from the flesh of his worn corpse, his very bones would crumble into dust as they lay forgotten in his chair...While he waited for his wife to get ready in "just 5 minutes"
Last edited by Xanith on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanith
Initiate

Postby Epiclurker » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:28 pm

The man came in the house covered in blood and told his wife "I finally snapped and killed the neighbor's kids." His wife looked at him in horror and said "Honey, every child in a 5 mile area went to summer camp except ours."

Baron threw an ashtray at the giant spider he saw and ran to get his wife out of the house. His wife came into the room and asked him why he broke the mirror.

As the man blocked the cop cars trying to pass him he leaned out the window and yelled with a laugh "What are you guys trying to do, catch the child killer at my house?" He stopped laughing when the cops refused to meet his gaze.

The woman looked at her 5 children with horror in her eyes as she remembered the news report concerning the youth plague. "You can render your children immune to the plague by having them drink the blood of a blood sibling that is under the age of 12."
Epiclurker
FNG

Postby Reiseki » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Sorry Baron and Lulu just had to do this =P

I am happy to announce that we have successfully created the first ever T-Rex/spider Hybrid.

The road was full of thick mist, the silence all consuming. Suddenly the silence is broken by a maniacal laughter as lulu runs at you from the mist while yelling THE RABBITS ARE COMING! THE RABBITS ARE COMING!
Reiseki
FNG

Postby Umamor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:40 pm

In the darkness, the crunching and clicking sound of the unknown beckoned fear that coursed through his skin; icy veins immobilized him. He felt the stunted hair, then the weight of eight legs of the tarantula in the Brazilian wilderness
Have you or a loved one been infected with Dragon Glaucoma? Are you being denied your magical herbs BECAUSE you're a dragon? Or maybe it's because of a long family history with your... I believe it's a 3 letter word... something to do with the genes... DNA?

Call 1-800-LRD-DNCN for a free consultation with an American teenage dragon-hybrid timetraveller today!
Umamor
Initiate

Postby Highlander1G » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 am

For months I’ve followed you everywhere — running to catch the bus, dancing with your husband on your birthday, bending (unseen, you thought) to steal a neighbor’s flower. But I let you see me only now, my face behind you in the bathroom mirror in the middle of the night, because we’re so close - so close - to being together...forever.

She screamed as the inhuman horror lurched into the room looking for dinner. The next morning, when Adrian shuddered in revulsion while reading the grizzly account in the newspaper, he found himself hoping that whatever had left only the viscera and a chewed arm of his ex-wife had found her more to its taste than had Adrian.

With trembling steps, Rachel treaded cautiously with her friend through the abandoned house looking for something to burn the evil book and banish the demon once and for all. It was when her friend walked ahead to search the next room that Rachel noticed her friend cast no shadow.

When her mother died, Judy had the coffin secured with cargo straps and the lid screwed down. It wasn’t until her mother appeared one night silhouetted in the doorframe, eyes glinting with eldritch hatred and her nails and hair mud-caked, that Judy realized she had forgotten to drive the wooden stake through her mother's heart.

The roast beef sandwich was covered in rancid blood, oozing pus, and slimy, wiggling maggots. He took a huge bite, loving every bit of it as he licked his fingers clean.

There was a time this sort of thing used to bother me. Do enough vivisections, though, and you don’t even hear the pleading screams for mercy anymore.

I’m the best hider in Hide and Seek. I was found only once, but never again.

The police called to say that after seven years they are declaring my wife as dead in absentia. It was then I realized that industrial strength freezer I bought was my best investment ever.

I heard strange noises coming from my closet at night, so I blocked the door with something heavy. It’s been a few weeks since I last heard the noises, but now I’m worried about the smell.
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people - Karl Marx
Highlander1G
Veteran

Postby Xanith » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Summoned to the courtroom at last, that loathsome creature of vilest evil and malice sat down, his smile and freshly dry cleaned suit making him appear almost human, but the calculating stare ruined the effect...Next to him sat his client, the accused.

He bumped into the old lady and walked on-wards, not a word of apology leaving his lips "Shatter" she said, it was but a single word but he felt it harder than any blow. One by one the bones within his body fractured and fell apart, the shards scything through his very flesh like a cloud of flak, pulping organs and shredding muscle...an explosion of gore blasting outwards from his back and soaking the wall in his insides as he fell lifeless to the floor.

Mike watched in silent horror as his wife was dragged from her hiding place by her hair and thrown onto the bed, her assailant advancing upon her machete in hand..."why didn't you hide better!?! Why didn't you run!?!" he raged inside helplessly, before with a jerky motion driving the blade downwards into her skull before releasing the blade, his body finally obeying him once more.

The foul creature used my wife once more before our pact was finished, made me listen to her beg and scream for more as he violated her in ways that were not human. Helplessly I placed the sacrifice in-front of them and backed away, once the demon finished he stood and lifted my still beating heart before eating it..."she is yours" he would say before vanishing. It was for the best, for it would have been broken when she begged me to have him return, anyway.

and finally, because I gave you guys shit:

Xanith smiled proudly as his child was born into the world and let out it's first cry, the smile vanishing as the sound caused everyone else to cry too and the end of days began.
Xanith
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Old Community Topics