What's in your backlog?

For those who really have nothing better to do on their Saturday night

What's in your backlog?

Postby sekani » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:26 pm

So we all have huge lists of games that we haven't played yet for some reason, right? Yeah, we do. Too many games, too little time.

Since all my gaming time over the past few months has been occupied with free-to-play MMOs (damn you Guild Wars 2 and Tera Rising), my backlog currently includes Sleeping Dogs, XCOM, Dishonored, and The Walking Dead. I'm gonna add Tomb Raider to that list real soon. The sad thing is, these are all games I own, and I have to face the reality that I may actually never get to play some of them :(

How bad are your backlogs?

(Edit: FIRST)
Me > You
sekani
Veteran

Re: What's in your backlog?

Postby Lasher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:24 am

It's bad.

Batman Arkham Asylum / City ; Botanicula, Unmechanical, The Witcher 2, STALKER ( Chernobyl + Pripyat ), Saints Row : The Third, Space Pirates and Zombies, Darksiders, Metro 2033.

The main reason mine is so large is because I've been looking for games that I can play without sound so I can listen to my podcasts and books. Podcasts will, hopefully, never end and I still have a ton of books to go through, so, yeah ...
Last edited by Lasher on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lasher
Initiate

Postby Theranos » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 am

Let's see, this is everything I actually want to play, the list of my 'to play' is quadruple this: Darksiders 2, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 (yes, I know they're fairly terrible, still want to play though), Farcry 3, Skyrim DLC, Borderlands 2, Awesomenauts, Age of Empires III, Motorstorm, Black Ops 2, Gothic 3 and 4, Binary Domain, Dishonored, FEAR 3, 100% Just Cause 2 (currently at 65%), Witcher 2 and Metro 2033

What's been holding me up? Dark Souls. I've put about 100 hours into that game, but I'm pretty close to the end now. After that though, I'll probably move on to Tomb Raider, Sim City, Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite, I just need to order a 2nd 7950 to get my rig up to standard. And I've given myself a deadline to get this done, any games not finished by the PS4 launch simply won't be played. I'm going to have way too much going on with my jobs to actually have time to have a back log.
Last edited by Theranos on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can call me Knux or Theranos.
"The Emperor, eternal may He ever be. By his side I will never leave. For this day I serve Him well. Tomorrow I die with His battle yell "
Vlogs - http://youtube.com/knuxvlogs
LPs - http://youtube.com/knuxplaysdotcom
Theranos
Profligate

Postby Edge Damodred » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 am

Got a small back up from the last holiday Steam Sales. I picked up Terraria, KOTOR II, Dragon Age: Origins and Deus Ex: Human Revolution(yeah I know I'm late, but I really can't justify paying the initial full price for these games). Got hooked on Terraria for a good while and then got really into Planetside 2. Now Sinvicta's got me into playing Path of Exile again so they're still on the back burner.
When in doubt, hit it with a bigger hammer.
Edge Damodred
Rival

Postby sekani » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 am

Completely forgot about Witcher 2, that was actually gifted to me a while back. I also have Planetside 2 installed, but never played it.
Me > You
sekani
Veteran

Postby Theranos » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:12 am

sekani wrote:Completely forgot about Witcher 2, that was actually gifted to me a while back. I also have Planetside 2 installed, but never played it.

Same, I think I have like 4 copies of that, 1 on Steam, 1 on Gamersgate, a physical copy and 1 on GOG. Still need to play it >.<
You can call me Knux or Theranos.
"The Emperor, eternal may He ever be. By his side I will never leave. For this day I serve Him well. Tomorrow I die with His battle yell "
Vlogs - http://youtube.com/knuxvlogs
LPs - http://youtube.com/knuxplaysdotcom
Theranos
Profligate

Postby Kor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 am

Currently waiting on my new system to arrive (hopefully this week), but lets see.
The Witcher 2 is also on my list, very much looking forward to playing that
Arkham City, loved the first one and picked up the game of the year edition of this one in the steam sale.
Planetside 2, really want to get involved with this game.
Kor
FNG

Postby Darahas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:06 am

My backlog is terrible.

In Steam alone, I need to play through Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Alice: Madness Returns, Analogue: A Hate Story, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Bastion, The Binding of Isaac, Cthulhu Saves The World, Don't Starve, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Jet Set Radio, Max Payne 1 and 2, Metro 2033, all of the On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness games, Red Faction: Armageddon, Serious Sam 3, Sonic CD, KoToR 1, Titan Quest + Expansion, all of the Dawn of War games, Warhammer 40K Space Marine, and Wizorb.

On Consoles, I have Illusion of Gaia and Super Mario RPG for the SNES (when I actually get a working one sometime this week), MGS3: Subsistence for the PS2, and quite a few others on the 360.

As of right now, I'm spending my efforts on Persona 4. So good.
The party's journey ended there in lava and burning llamas.
Darahas
Profligate

Postby Techpriest » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 am

Oh a pile of shame thread, let's take a look what I have sitting and collecting dust.
    Bioshock 1 & 2
    Borderlands 2
    Cave story
    Darksiders I & II
    Dead space
    Dark souls
    GTA IV
    Hotline Miami
    Limbo
    Metro 2033
    STALKER series
    Saints row: the third
    Shank 1 & 2
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    They bleed pixels
    The Witcher 2
    World of Goo
    Xcom: Enemy Unknow
Those are the ones I'm planing to finish some day. But then we also have a
100 odd games on my steam account I have no intent of playing that has come along with bundles.
Techpriest
Veteran

Postby Lasher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:57 am

Edge Damodred wrote:KOTOR II, Dragon Age: Origins

Don't forget to mod these two :P
Lasher
Initiate

Postby Scrubpuppy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:09 am

I have Space Marine loaded and I just haven't felt like playing anything. Other than that, nothing has really caught my interest.
Scrubpuppy
Profligate

Postby Dimetrius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 am

Still need to play Mass Effect 2 and 3. Should finish Diablo III. Very little time to game and starting a new and exciting job soon so I doubt that'll change. I've found that I have time for only one serious hobby and Warhammer has been filling that spot for me lately.
Dimetrius
Recruit

Postby Scrubpuppy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 am

Dimetrius wrote:Still need to play Mass Effect 2 and 3. Should finish Diablo III. Very little time to game and starting a new and exciting job soon so I doubt that'll change. I've found that I have time for only one serious hobby and Warhammer has been filling that spot for me lately.

I recommend both Mass Effect 2 and 3. They'll keep you busy and if you like RPGs, you won't get bored.
Scrubpuppy
Profligate

Postby Dimetrius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:19 am

I hardly left my house when playing Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I'm sure I'll love ME2 and ME3. Problem is that you need time to sink into an RPG of that calibre, and that's something I lack :)
Dimetrius
Recruit

Postby Techpriest » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

I found that they were not as time consuming as the first one, at least not for me. Really good games though.
Techpriest
Veteran

Postby Bazeleel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am

Tech those are a lot of games not played. You NEED to play Xcom! This is a must!

My list:
VVVVVV
And Yet it Moves
Cogs
Gish
Lugaru HD

Humble bundles are my weekness when it comes to says, I will pay 6-8 bucks for 2 games out of the whole collection and never touch the other ones :(
Bazeleel
Veteran

Postby Techpriest » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 am

I've played it but not finished it yet, that's why it's on pile of shame as I intend to get back to it someday.
Techpriest
Veteran

Postby sekani » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 am

I'm not even counting the games that I haven't finished, that list would get ridiculous. Just the ones that I haven't even started.

(adds Dead Space 2 to the list)
Me > You
sekani
Veteran

Postby Bazeleel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 am

sekani wrote:I'm not even counting the games that I haven't finished, that list would get ridiculous. Just the ones that I haven't even started.

(adds Dead Space 2 to the list)

Yeah the list would be massive for a lot of people if it was games they have not finished. A lot of games these days seem to not keep my attention for some reason. I have been having more fun with old school board games and TCG in the past few weeks. I think it bring that level of people interaction to a new level. The internet is great but you really notice the lack of interaction when you start playing the old school games with buddys again.
Bazeleel
Veteran

Postby Techpriest » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am

Oh I did not count all the games I haven't finished, those are just those I want to finish. Most of them have I not started.
Techpriest
Veteran

Next

Return to Old topics