Baron's Darkest Dungeon Mod List

Re: Baron's Darkest Dungeon Mod List

Postby Khallin1977 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:00 am

quick question...

what did you change to increase the character list beyond 50, and increase recruits up to 12? :D

Thanks,

Khallin
Apprentice to teh_leet_haxor and general trigger for Baron_Von_Gosu.

"...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:05 am

I went into the game files and adjusted the size manually.

My Computer----C: drive------Program Files x86-----Steam-----SteamApps----Common----Darkest Dungeon-----Campaign----Town----Buildings----Stage Coach-----stage_coach.building.json------ Scroll down to Amount of Recruits and Roster Size and adjust to what you want.

Be forewarned though- everything I read says the higher you set the roster number the more likely the game will start crashing. A number I saw is anything over 37 increases the odds significantly. Right now I am going with 80 but will try adjusting more if needed.
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 am

Finding that out right now. Installed all of your mods and the game Wolfied on me. Time to dust off the old coding skills and see if I can figure out why. Thanks for the quick response, now go to sleep 8-)

"...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 am

Think I figured it out. It had to do with the mods clashing with the saved data in game. Had to restart a new game, and everything played nicely together. So you didn't Wolfie the Saved Game File. The saved game file Wolfied it's self :o The changes I made are as follows for anyone else that is wondering...

"number_of_recruits_upgrades":
[
{ "amount": 7 },
{ "amount": 8, "upgrade_tree_id": "stage_coach.numrecruits", "upgrade_requirement_code": "a" },
{ "amount": 9, "upgrade_tree_id": "stage_coach.numrecruits", "upgrade_requirement_code": "b" },
{ "amount": 10, "upgrade_tree_id": "stage_coach.numrecruits", "upgrade_requirement_code": "c" },
{ "amount": 11, "upgrade_tree_id": "stage_coach.numrecruits", "upgrade_requirement_code": "d" },
{ "amount": 12, "upgrade_tree_id": "stage_coach.numrecruits", "upgrade_requirement_code": "e" }
],
"roster_size_upgrades" :
[
{ "amount" : 39 },
{ "amount" : 45, "upgrade_tree_id" : "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "a" },
{ "amount" : 55, "upgrade_tree_id" : "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "b" },
{ "amount" : 65, "upgrade_tree_id" : "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "c" },
{ "amount" : 75, "upgrade_tree_id" : "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "d" },
{ "amount" : 80, "upgrade_tree_id" : "stage_coach.rostersize", "upgrade_requirement_code" : "e" }

- Khallin

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:03 am

Played nice till I opened a door <back to being a code monkey> oh, and I saw recruits for you were set to 10 (I set mine to 12)... hopefully that is the problem.

UPDATE...

Figured out I was running the Plague Doctor character skin and that seems to borking out the character all together. Which I just remember you mentioning during the cast. Aren't mods great Baron! :P

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:10 am

LORD MINSC'S PARODY!!!

Hello Sofa, my old friend
I've come to snooze on you again
Baronessed out of my own bedroom
For a snarky line I should not say
Of courtesans and my desperate need for them
right here right now
Alone I sleep on this night

These lonely dreams I earned alone
Scratchy sheets of my mistakes
Neath the darkness of my den lamp
I turned my mind to the courtesan
When my ears where stabbed by the wrath of an angry wife
Who told me clear
Alone you sleep on this night

And in the dungeon's dark I saw
A loan Courtesan, nay a whore
People were quite irked at me for that
People yelled "companion not whore!" back
People telling me that with my wife they did
quite agree
I'd be alone on that night

"Friends" said I "You do not know
I sleep at my best when alone
On the couch I need not fear snoring
On the couch I need not fear farting
Because the couch, unlike my wife lacks ears
So it did not care, on that night

Upon the morning light I saw
Baroness she was awake
She asked me if I finally learned
To not say things to make her so mad
And then I said "But I still need a courtesan for my team or Khallin can't
join the RP
Please don't kick me out this night

I compared it to the simon and garfunkel version. takes a little work to fit just right, but i did it twice full 100% and it works
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Baron run this by the Rivalcast Media "legal team" and let me know if I need to make any changes to the Read Me file. Also check your PMs in the Forums :P Now to actually DO what I'm claiming to do....

-Khallin

READ ME version 1.0 Rough Draft
version 1.1 Revision to correct Clean Install protocol
version 1.2 Includes RCM edits * Incoming if Needed *

OK, listing EVERYTHING I did to make this work. I'm doing this so as to assist in troubleshooting if needed. First thing I did was go into C:\\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon and Delete EVERYTHING in the folder (we don't want or need any rogue files wolfieing our save file). Of course the following step is then go into steam and Verify Integrity of the Game Cache for Darkest Dungeon. This WILL result in a clean install of Darkest Dungeon.

At this point I went to www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon and grabbed all of Baron_Von_Gosu's mods as of November 17th, 2016. The mods are as follows...

Apothecary v1.1-195-1-1
Assassin Class Mod V135-23-V135
blondevestal_alurringraverobber_v13447-99-1
Bounty Hunter Boba Fett Updated-79-1-1
Cannoneer Class Mod-156-V1-0b
Courtesan Class Mod-130-V1-0b
Cy-Hellion_B-223-1
DD- Roster Size Increase-34-1-2
Falconer class mod 1.0-224-1-0
Maiden v1.1-143-1-1
Martyr Class Mod-164-V1-0
Paladin v1.1 custom class-231-1-1
Pit Fighter Class mod V1.4-38-V1-4
Surgeon Class Mod V1.3-42-V1-3
The Fiend v1.35-40-1-35

At this point I created a New Folder on my Desktop labeled The Wolfpack Mod Pack this folder will become the new and all encompassing mod pack. Everything should install where it needs to if you extract the mod pack to C:\\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon. I'm including a copy of the stock effects.Darkest file that I will edit as needed to include any effects_That_Need_To_Be_Added.txt edits. I'm also including the edits to stage_coach.building.json that increase our stagecoach capacity to 10 and our roster size to 80. The end goal being a mod that once installed all you need to do is go to C:\\Program Files\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\location and run localization.Bat

* Legal Disclaimer *

Neither myself, Baron, or Rivalcast Media own the rights to ANY of these mods. All rights are the property of the modders or Red Hook. I'm just trying to simplify the process :)

WOLFPACK!

-Khallin1977

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:39 pm

The mod pack is complete and currently in Beta testing! Testing is occuring on my Computer running windows 10 in compatabilty mode, and my son's single core Dell system running windows 7 (also know as "The Potato"). I figure if it will run on my son's system it will run on anything (in theory)! if anyone else is interested in Beta Testing the Mod pack, please leave a pm with email information.

- Khallin

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:49 pm

My son just reported he just finished his first veteran dungeon (party included Fiend and Cannoneer). Wolfpack I think we have a fix!!! will keep you posted :)

UPDATE: No crashes in a boss fight with Paladin and Cannoneer :)

- Khallin

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:49 am

the only skill that looks like it could use some cleaning is the Maiden's - Side Arm ability. Will look in to tomorrow.

- Khallin

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Tried out the new pack (which is awesome) and keep having the same issue. Every time a dungeon level is completed or abandoned and I head back to town the game freezes and crashes. When I reload the game continues as normal, but this is a problem that has happened 6 times and in each dungeon. The good news uis though the class mods arent crappimng out the moment they are in the dungeon.
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 pm

so on the positive side, we are moving in the right direction. Sounds like we have moved from the new classes being a problem, to just over all Stability. I will look at the effects.DARKEST file and the stage_coach.building.json to see if it is something there. BTW are you testing on a new game or the old one you ported over. Just thinking that if it's the old save it might have some computer cooties it brought along from before the clean install (makes note to ask teh_leet_haxor about this, and if it might be possible to save the save file if it is corrupted in some way).

-Khallin1977

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:21 pm

I wiped out the save file and restored an earlier version of the save (like maybe an hour difference in game). Would it be better to start over from scratch?

Also double checked effects file and it looks like you said it should. Re-ran localization just in case.
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Try running a fresh save. Let me know how that goes. I may need to enlist teh_leet_haxor's help in possibly troubleshooting save files.

-Khallin

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Ok started a whole new game......first 2 missions no issues, however I haven't gotten the mod characters yet. I'll report once I get some through a dungeon. Sucks to restart again, but if it works then it will be totally worth it
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Baron von Gosu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Okj started a new save....

Ruins dungeon crash on the 3rd mission. Got half way through, clicked on a room, and then it went down. No mod classes run.
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Baron,

started looking around in my save file, and I want to compare your stream save file vs my save file ( I want to see if there are any glaring discrepancies). Can you please send me a copy? Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*Your Steam ID#*\262060\remote and send me a copy of everything for the stream save. Please and Thank you :)

-Khallin1977

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Khallin1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:06 pm

on a side note for once we fix this, found where to make the edits to take the game from 720p resolution to 1080p. We'll do that once we get the game stable. :P

-Khallin1977

Khallin1977
Profligate

Postby Baron von Gosu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Sounds awesome! I spent 3 hours getting everyone's character back for the 11/22 stream. So far no crashes!
Baron von Gosu
Veteran

Postby Khallin1977 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Baron and I have been modding and bug fixing the game all weekend trying get the most stable game possible for tonight's stream. I think we have accomplished that goal. The game is MUCH more stable now then it was on Friday night. Needless to say though please throw out those "V"s in chat if needed. We did our best, but 2 guys can't find ALL the bugs and glitches in the entire game in such a limited time. Thanks for your patience :)

WOLFPACK
Last edited by Khallin1977 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khallin1977
Profligate

Next

Return to Gaming