EC on the RivalCast stream tonight (March 10th)!

EC on the RivalCast stream tonight (March 10th)!

Postby teh_leet_haxor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:27 pm

@announcement
To kick off the transition, Emperor will be simul-casting The Emperor's Court to RivalCast Radio, the Shoutcast stream for RivalCast Media. You can listen live at 6pm EST (10pm GMT) using the web player to the upper-left of this site, or by opening the stream link in a compatible audio player.

Don't forget to join us in IRC, either by using the Web Chat link to the upper-right, or by pointing your favourite IRC client to irc.quakenet.org #rivalcast .

UPDATE: Corrected the GMT time due to daylight saving.

UPDATE 2: Issues with SAM Broadcaster not being able to restart the stream; use the VTW stream for the rest of this show. This is why we have a test interval / phased transition!
teh_leet_haxor
Site Admin

Re: EC on the RivalCast stream tonight (March 10th)!

Postby Sayomara » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:02 pm

I"m sitting in coffee house right now so I'm not sure if its the 40 other stinky people the coffee smell is barely covering up or there internet in general but I've had troube in the stream becoming choppy. First just with songs after about 40 minutes of listening then when the hand off between Emp and Biomed.

Each time closing the stream and resetting it fixed the problem.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand-strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WOW-What a RIDE!"
Sayomara
Rival

Postby BiomedAlchemist » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Sayo, what were you using to tune into the stream (device/browser/app)?

-BMA
BiomedAlchemist
Veteran

Postby Sayomara » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

The web player
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand-strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WOW-What a RIDE!"
Sayomara
Rival

Postby teh_leet_haxor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

The web player definitely has a problem at the moment with re-connecting if the link drops. I'm going to scour its scripting at some point; adding a simple detect and refresh would make a lot of difference.
teh_leet_haxor
Site Admin

Postby vible » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 am

[quote="teh_leet_haxor"]The web player definitely has a problem at the moment with re-connecting if the link drops. I'm going to scour its scripting at some point; adding a simple detect and refresh would make a lot of difference.[/quote]

one thing i really disliked with the vtw website is that it seemed to chose to refresh alot on its own... so i hope you could find a better solution :)
vible
Veteran

Postby teh_leet_haxor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:21 am

Refreshing in this case would be restricted to the web player window at least, and that's if a way to mod it to reconnect normally is unclear/tricky.
I believe VTW pages refresh to update the data for their set of at least 100 widgets; this is something I plan to add to the front page, but with AJAX of course.
teh_leet_haxor
Site Admin

Return to News